City Vision University Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Is City Vision a nationally accredited university?
Yes. See our list of accreditations and affiliations at http://www.cityvision.edu/accreditation
2. How do I enroll and register for courses?
You may enroll and register for courses following the process described at http://www.cityvision.edu/admission-enrollment
3. Who is qualified to receive scholarships and tuition discounts?
Various groups are qualified for tuition discounts. See a full list here http://www.cityvision.edu/course-discounts
4. How do I transfer credit into City Vision University?
Requirements for transfer credits are detailed at http://www.cityvision.edu/transfer-credit-colleges. To learn about how to transfer in credit, visit http://www.cityvision.edu/admission-enrollment
5. How do I start the financial aid process for City Vision University?
Steps for applying for financial aid are detailed at http://www.cityvision.edu/pell-grants-and-financial-aid
6. Does financial aid cover all courses provided through City Vision?
Yes. Undergraduates can use both Pell grants and federal student loans; graduate students can only use federal student loans,
7. What is the City Vision University proctor requirement?
See http://www.cityvision.edu/proctor-requirement for details on this requirement.
8. How does someone apply to be my proctor?
See http://www.cityvision.edu/proctor-requirement for a link to the proctor application form.
9. How do I access the New Student Orientation?
As described on http://www.cityvision.edu/admission-enrollment, all new students must complete the New Student Orientation before beginning work on their first course. You will be added to it automatically upon enrollment.
We recommend students start the orientation two weeks before the course starts.
10. How do I order textbooks?
City Vision University offers an online store for ordering textbooks at http://astore.amazon.com/cityvision-20
11. Does tuition include textbooks?
No, students are responsible for their own textbook purchases. See http://www.cityvision.edu/tuition-and-fees#sfc.
12. How do I withdraw from a class?
See http://www.cityvision.edu/academic-policies#Dropping_ for instructions on dropping courses.
13. How do I request a course extension?
If you are requesting a course extension, please review our full policy on attendance and late assignments - http://www.cityvision.edu/academic-policies#Policy_. It contains a link to the course extension form.
14. How do I change the degree program in which I am enrolled?
Contact registrar [at] cityvision [dot] edu with the name of your current degree program and the new degree program if you wish to change to a new degree program.
15. Do City Vision University students have a .edu email account assigned?
Students who have completed at least 1 course with City Vision University may receive a .edu email address by contacting webmaster [at] cityvision [dot] edu.
16. How do I find my online transcript and final course grades?
Go to the university course system at http://www.cityvision.edu/courses/. There are two places where you are able to find your grades. The first is the overall online course grade transcript and it is located at the that top right corner of the page in a block called "Main Menu". In this block there is a website link entitled "Online Unofficial Transcript” click on it and it will bring you to your online transcript.
The second way is to go to the class in which you are looking for the final grade. At the top right corner of this page there is a block called "Administration." In this block the website link for the course grades is entitled “Grades.” Click on it and it will bring you to the page listing your course grades.
Neither of the ways above will get you an official transcript that you could present to other schools. To get an official transcript, fill out the form at http://www.cityvision.edu/transcript-request-form and we will mail it to you or the requesting institution once processed.
17. What do I do when I am having problems with the online course materials (i.e., audio, video, PDFs, etc.)?
In these cases, please contact support [at] cityvision [dot] edu or call 816-298-0455 to let the technical support team know about the problem so they are able to fix the issues for you. Do not contact the professors or post in the class forums; the tech support team at support [at] cityvision [dot] edu is the appropriate contact.
18. What do I do when I am unable to see my class forum posting?
Check to see if your forum class discussion posting is located in your weekly exercise and not the larger class forum for the course at the top of the weekly outline. Then if the posting is not in one of these locations please contact support [at] cityvision [dot] edu or call 816-298-0455 to let the technical support team know about the forum posting problem.
19. I’ve forgotten or lost my password. What do I do?
You can request a new password at http://www.cityvision.edu/user/password. If that process does not work, email support [at] cityvision [dot] edu
20. How do I log into my course?
Go to http://www.cityvision.edu and either click on the Course Login link in the middle of the header or click on the Course Login link in the Current Students menu.