Course 406 - Vocation, Calling and the Purpose of Work (Theology of Work)
CVC 406: Vocation, Calling and the Purpose of Work (Theology of Work) (3 credits)
This course will help students to understand the purpose of work and a Christian understanding of vocation. Students will gain a better understanding of their unique identity and purpose in their vocation. They will also refine their understanding of calling or vocation might be and how it fits into God’s purposes and a Christian worldview. They will then create a synthesis of the above understandings into a reflective life plan.
Professor: Dr. Kevin Yoho
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand a Christian worldview of vocation and communicate how that applies toward their own life and calling.
- Utilize tools to be able to identify, reflect on and articulate what their calling or vocation might be and how it might be leveraged for God’s purposes.
- Understand and be able to articulate their unique identity and vocation, and how to communicate that through their personal brand and life strategy.
- Understand the unique issues facing Christians in their fields and how to manage their career in the current marketplace.
- Create a synthesis of the above understandings into a reflective life plan that shows a mature reflection and vision of your life calling as well as a plan to grow and achieve that vision.
Course Materials & Tuition:
|Keller, T. Every Good Endeavor: Connecting Your Work to God’s Work (Reprint edition.). Riverhead Trade (2014). 336 pages. ISBN: 978-1594632822||$9.99 (Kindle version)|
|Hoffman, R., & Casnocha, B. (2012). The Start-up of You: Adapt to the Future, Invest in Yourself, and Transform Your Career. . New York: Crown Business. 272 pages. ISBN: 978-0307888907||$11.84|
Rath, T. (2007). StrengthsFinder 2.0. (1 edition.). New York: Gallup Press. 183 pages ISBN: 978-1595620156 Note: you must purchase a new book as only new books come with the code to complete the StrengthsFinder test. If you have already completed the Strength Finder Inventory, then you do not need to complete it again.
|Total Cost of Course, including Books (at Full Price)||$637.63|
- Contact us for more information.
Before paying for the course using the "Add to Cart" process you must be an enrolled student with City Vision University and have read the "Cancellations and Settlements" form. For Admission and Enrollment procedures please visit our "Enroll Now" page.