Course 302 - Nonprofit Administration
Course 302 - Nonprofit Administration (3 credits)
Principles of operating a not-for-profit organization, including the development and purposes of the organizing documents, the reporting requirements for maintaining an organization's non-profit status, the functions of the Board of Directors, and the relationship between the Chief Executive and the Board.
This course counts toward credit as a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE Certification).
Learning Objectives for this Course
To introduce the student to some of the issues related to starting a new ministry and nonprofit organization.
To introduce students to the legal issues related to establishing a nonprofit organization and maintaining its tax exempt status.
To introduce students to a Christian model for board leadership.
To introduce the student to the forms used to file for tax exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service.
To examine the various types of board structures used by faith-based nonprofit organizations.
To learn about the responsibilities of the members of the nonprofit ministry board of directors.
To help the student to understand the proper role of the Board of Directors in nonprofit ministry fund raising.
To examine the responsibilities of the board of directors in the area of setting the vision for the nonprofit ministry and long range planning functions.
To help the student to understand the proper role of the Board of Directors in relation to the mission's staff members.
To examine the proper relationship between the board of directors and the mission's chief executive.
To help the student to understand some of the principles that assist a Board of Directors to function effectively.
To examine some of the legal considerations that relate to services on the mission's board of directors.
To introduce the student to the principles of effective board meetings.
To evaluate the local mission's board in light of knowledge gained thus far in this course.
To interview the Executive Director and/or a member of the board of directors to gain insights by learning more about their perspective of the local ministry's board.
To introduce the student to the Carver Model of Board Governance and how it compares to more traditional approaches
Course Materials & Tuition
|Total Cost of Course||$735.00|
- Ministry Director - role of the Board, relationship to Board, Fundraising
- Development Director - Fundraising, role of board members
- Staff Members - organizational structure
- Board Member - role of the Board, Fundraising, effective board meeting principles
Information and/or Documents
- Ministry Statement/Ministry Purpose
- Organizational Structure Chart
- Listing of Board members and profiles on each member.
- List of the committees of the board and their responsibilities.
- Process of the selection of Board Members.
- Interview Exe. Director or Director of Development on the Board's role in fund raising.
- Interview the local mission's Executive Director on what he has done, personally, to encourage the board's involvement and support for the ministry.
- Minutes from previous Board Meetings.
- Contact us for more information.
Before paying for the course using the "Add to Cart" process you must be an enrolled student with City Vision University and have read the "Cancellations and Settlements" form. For Admission and Enrollment procedures please visit our "Enroll Now" page.